Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Almost school time!

I am finishing setting up my classroom for the new year. I've been busy over the summer finding new ideas and getting ready for my new class. Speaking of class, I've got a big one! Since I teach Pre-K and I do not have an aide, our class size is limited to 10 but there are so many on the waiting list this year I agreed to add one more AND I've got a mess of boys! I'm really excited because I have always enjoyed a large class, there seems to be less fussing with more students. Our "on the clock" hours have been reduced this year. That basically means we get paid 1/2 hour less each day. Many teachers, including me, are not happy. To be honest, I'm not a volunteer, I'm an employee. I personally don't see the situation staying this way for long, I think it will be changed. Okay, off the school. I hope to take some pictures of my classroom when it is all done and I'll post them.

No comments:

Post a Comment