Thursday, January 1, 2009

HAPPY 2009

Happy 2009! I can't believe it, where did 2008 go??? I am looking forward to leaving it behind and having a great '09! Our New Year's Eve was rather quiet. Poor Bill is as sick as I have ever seen him. Fever, chills, the whole bit so we stayed in last night and watched a James Bond movie and football. Besides the fact that Bill didn't feel well, it was a perfect night as far as I was concerned. Jay is due back home today so I will be getting our southern New Year's meal going in just a little bit. Black-eyed peas, turnip greens and lots of corn bread! It is the only way to bring in the new year. I plan to get the rest of the work done today from Vision Research (our second job!). That way we can relax the rest of the weekend, wedding on Saturday, Jay's birthday on Sunday) and Monday I can get my scrapbooking area all cleaned and ready. I miss scrapbooking, it is more than a hobby, it is a way for me to express myself and relax. I need it!

Okay, my New Year's resolutions for 2009 . . . no, I'm not going to say "loose weight" this year!! I'm finally down to a decent size (again) and I've changed my life style because of allergies, so weight is no longer an issue (did I just really say that???). My #1 resolution is to start my Christmas shopping no later than June! #2, try and get back to exercising. That I do need to do more consistantly. And #3, try and scrapbook more often. In other words, do something for me again. One of my biggest faults is NOT doing anything just for myself, just because it makes ME happy. I do need to change that, but I'll start small with exercise and scrapbooking. Once again, I'm not making more than 3 resolutions, if I do I will forget them.

Okay, let's start 2009 with breakfast and then work!

No comments:

Post a Comment